Named after the date of its creation, 1st April, 1961, our 1461 shoe has become iconic. Originally sold as a durable working man’s shoe, in the 70s and 80s the style became popular with political protesters, and as a fashion item at universities across Britain. Today it’s worn as a symbol of rebellious self-expression by individuals from all walks of life.
- Smooth is the classic Dr. Martens leather; durable, with a smooth finish
- Features a more tapered nose compared to the classic 1461
- Made with Goodyear welt, the upper and sole are heat-sealed and sewn together
- Dr. Martens air-cushion sole, oil and fat-resistant, offers good abrasion and slip resistance
- Easy to clean and maintain using Dr Martens Wonder Balsam or Oakwood Leather conditioner
Upper: 100% Leather
Lining: 55% Leather, 45% Textile
Sole: 100% PVC
Durable and famously stiff to start, our Smooth Leather can be polished to a dapper shine or artfully scuffed-up depending on your preference.
*Note to all good people reading this… While we aren’t rich enough to open shops in every town and state, we do LOVE to post Dr Martens things to you. If you like this thing and you want it in your life, add it to your cart and we will have them specially delivered to your door.
When you order with us, we check the actual stock style. We open the box to ensure that the shoes are perfect and no surface scratches or inconsistencies wrong sizes appear etc… It happens! We personally and carefully check that your new docs are 100% perfect, because quality and service are MOST important to us.
If you have ANY questions about our styles, or have any confusion over sizing, let us know. If you are looking for something you cannot see, get in touch with us! We’d love to chat on the phone or send us an email using our contact page.