1460 Waterproof Black 8 Eye Boot
Almost exactly 60 years after the first 1460 boot rolled off the production line, Docs introduce a waterproof edition. Inspired by the industrial range, the boot is built with a revolutionary new twin heat-sealed welt that prevents water from getting into the air-cushioned sole and forms the basis of a waterproof boot. Add a comfortable, breathable DryWair bootie encased in Republic WP, a rich, oily waterproof leather, and you have a boot that offers outstanding protection from spills, puddles and rain. It’s marked with the instantly recognisable DMS tread pattern, iconic yellow stitching and sole with a two-tone grooved sidewall.
- DryWair is a proprietary, highly breathable yet waterproof membrane that that locks out moisture while allowing feet to breathe
- New waterproof welt is an evolution of our original construction. Heat-sealed and stitched through the boot leather into high-density foam, it ensures the sole is waterproof
- Born on 1st April 1960 and named as such. Over six decades our 8-eye 1460 has become iconic
- Republic WP is a waxy, oil-finished edition of the classic Crazy Horse leather, given a waterproof treatment
- Goodyear-welted lines are heat-sealed at 700°C and reinforced with signature welt stitch
Upper: 90% Leather, 10% Textile
Inner: 100% Textile
Sole: 100% PVC
*Note to all good people reading this… While we aren’t rich enough to open shops in every town and state, we do LOVE to post Dr Martens things to you. If you like this thing and you want it in your life, add it to your cart and we will have them specially delivered to your door.
When you order with us, we check the actual stock style. We open the box to ensure that the shoes are perfect and no surface scratches or inconsistencies wrong sizes appear etc… It happens! We personally and carefully check that your new docs are 100% perfect, because quality and service are MOST important to us.
If you have ANY questions about our styles, or have any confusion over sizing, let us know. If you are looking for something you cannot see, get in touch with us! We’d love to chat on the phone or send us an email using our contact page.